Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Living The Charmed Life, I think...

I never thought that I would join the blogging movement. Even more unexpected, typing my first blog one- handed. My other hand is currently suspending objects over the face of my 4 month old to keep him entertained. Jethro or Jet, should be taking his nap right now, but somehow I managed to give birth to an insomniac. My child sleeps, what feels like, a grand total of 12 minutes a day sometimes. Granted, that is an exaggeration, but I thought babies were supposed to like sleep. Oh well, I have become accustomed to surviving off of 3 or 4 hours of sleep a day and it is impossible to be mad at him, all he has to do is give me his great big gummy smile and sleep does not seem that important.
 But were are my manners, my name is Kelli Rae Baker, maiden name Davis. I was born and raised in Southern California in the little town called Lake Elsinore. I am 26 years of age, the latter 4 being married to the dashingly handsome Jason Baker. As previously noted we are the proud, though tired, parents of one Jehtro Alexander Baker, born on April 16, 2013. I am a homemaker, well when I have energy anyways. I'm sad to say on some nights we have cereal for dinner. That's all for today( my hand is getting tired)  but my goal is to blog at least five days a week that will cover books, recipes, marriage and family and just the day to day things of the adventure called life!

3 comments:

  1. Look up the book "The 90-minute-sleep-schedule." It helped us out a TON with Soph, and then Tristan for the sleeping issue.
    You'll love blogging! It's a great way to get out your stresses and joys without having to restart new journals every time you skip a month of reporting. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, "90-Minute-Baby-Sleep-Schedule." I think the author is Polly Moore

    ReplyDelete
  3. The no-sleeping thing is rough... Avery was the same way and still to this day, I have no idea how I managed everything on practically no sleep! I don't really remember what changed... how she started sleeping better that is. I think we did the cry-it-out method once we moved into our new apartment where she had her own room and that worked wonders. Then by the time she was 9 months old or one she started sleeping through the night. Jessi recommended that same book to me awhile back because I was telling her about Avery's sleeping problems, but my Pediatrician also recommended the book "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" and I read that one instead. It has helped, but I would do your own research and see what you think would work best.

    Glad you have a blog! It will be fun seeing Jethro grow! I remember checking all of my friends blogs and typing one-handed while I breastfed Avery. It worked out great. Here's our blog if you ever get bored to tears: http://www.davidandtiffanycollette.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete