Whoville hair
Friday, August 23, 2013
Shots and Solids
Jehtro had his 4 month check-up today. The doctor said that he is progressing well and was amazed at how much hair he has. My baby had his second set of shots, which he did not care for at all. He weighs 15lb now and is 26in long. The doctor asked about his feeding and I told him he still eats pretty much every 2 hour still. He recommended that I start introducing some solids in his diet and start with a rice cereal and mild fruit purees. This led to my first experience in the baby food isle. Holy cow! the food that is available for babies now a days makes me laugh! there is every thing from kale, apple, and broccoli puree to quinoa and carrot starter yogurt. I mean, I understand that it is important to give a wide variety of food to your baby, its just funny that it is readily available in shelf stable form. I stuck with the classics, fortified rice cereal and bananas. When we got home, I was anxious to see how he would take starting solid foods. I pumped about 5 oz of milk and measured everything out, and got him settled to eat. He didn't really like the spoon to much and he was starting to get frustrated, so dumped the rice cereal into the rest of the milk and gave it to him in bottle form. It was one of the first times that he did not spit-up afterward! A little later I wanted to try out the bananas. Same situation with the spoon, but I could tell that he liked the banana. So I went and got his oral dispenser for medicine and eat half a jar of the bananas! I think all in all the fist day of solids went well. I am going to give another bottle with cereal in it tonight before I put him down, and HOPEFULLY, he will sleep longer that 3 hours at a time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment