Thursday, August 29, 2013
If you like sleep, don't have babies...
Let me just talk about an average day here at home. It starts about 2 in the morning with Jethro waking up for a feeding and usually peeing through his diaper, and sometimes pooing. I get him cleaned up, his diaper and pamjams changed. Now sometimes he will go back to sleep no problem, other nights we have to walk around a bit to get him sleepy again. 2 hours later we repeat the process, and 2 hours after that as well. then he is usually up for good around 8 or 9. I feed him again, this time with some cereal mixed up with milk and banana. I put him down for some tummy time and scramble around the house getting as much done as possible before he starts to get fussy, which doesn't take long, about 20 to 40 min. I then pick the movies that I am going to watch for the day ( I am sure you are wondering where is Jason? well Jason is working 2 jobs and finishing up his teaching credentials, so I really don't see him while the sun is out.). Once he starts to get fussy, we plop in the rocking chair and just rock because he just wants to be held. So I watch a movie while he just plays with his toys in my lap. 11 am rolls around and I feed him and put him in his crib for his first nap. Now, one of two things will happen; he will cry for a little bit then fall asleep for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or he will cry and scream for an hour then only sleep for about 20 min. Sadly, it is usually the latter. I go get him and he gives me the biggest smile because he knows that he got his way, the little stinker. I feed him again and put him down for some play time were he just stares at me waiting to be entertained. We play for a little bit, then he stars to get fussy so back to the rocking chair we go. I need to get some more movies. I try to put him down for a nap at 1 pm, but what ends up happening for the rest of the day is he'll just cat nap. 20 min here, 30 min there, lots of crying lots of rocking and eating, which equals no rest for mommy. I try to make dinner for Jason because I know that he will be starving when he gets home. Sometimes he just gets cereal. When Jason gets home he will take Jethro so I can shower and get ready for bed. Then I give Jethro some cereal mixed with milk and sweet potato, give him a nice warm bath and then we rock ourselves to blissful sleep. Then the cycle starts all over again. I hope this entry doesn't sound negative, because I really don't mind my tiring days. His tension span is getting longer so that helps with tummy time and getting things done around the house. If I am really tired we just nap together snuggled on the bed. It also helps that he is adorable.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment